Healing Justice as Cultural Organizing
What is the glue that binds our resistance work? How does healing justice fit into our resistance for the long haul? We sat down with Kifu Faruq of Fireweed Collective to discuss healing justice as a foundational part of organizing and activism work.
Fireweed Collective centers mental health & wellness within the context of a healing justice lens via workshops, webinars, and rapid response in the areas in which they are located. As we’re witnessing the philanthropy field moving more funds towards healing justice work, we want to make sure the message is loud and clear that healing justice funding needs to be sustainable.
Resources from this Episode:
- Podcast: Healing Justice podcast
- Podcast: How to Survive the End of the World, adrienne maree brown & autumn brown
- Report: Healing Justice: Building Power, Transforming Movements, Astraea Foundation
- Blog: Building a Case for Healing Justice, Akonadi Foundation
- Website: Transform Harm, Mariame Kaba
- Zine: A Not So Brief Personal History of the Healing Justice Movement 2010-2016 via Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha
- Toolkit: Healing Justice Toolkit via Black Lives Matter
- Article: Healing Justice is How We Can Sustain Black Lives via Prentis Hemphill